Split Bengal gram is the most popular legume from many Indian Lentils consumed. Chana dal is delicious, nutritious and easily digested.
Health Benefits of Chana Dal
- Chana dal is high in fiber and helps to lower cholesterol.
- It also has a very low hypoglycemic index, which is important for those with diabetes.
- Chana dal is a helpful source of zinc, folate, calcium and protein.
- It is low in fat and most of it is polyunsaturated.
- Chana dal is extremely delicious in taste, full of nutritious and can be digested easily.
Enjoy it with rice, chapati or naan or even just on its own as a soup.