I come from a little known part of India known as Assam. Assamese cuisine even in India has been one cuisine that has never had the opportunity to get publicised. Since it was just the Assamese new year and I am sharing a recipe that is easy to make and easy to incorporate into your regular meal. It is called ‘Aloo Pitika’- mashed potaoes with chopped onions, chillies and coriander leaves.
You can add an egg to it to give it a different dimension too - "Koni Aloo Pitika" egg and potato mash
- 1 medium potato- boiled and mashed
- 2 boiled eggs mashed (optional)
- Finely Chopped onion- 1 medium size
- Salt as per your taste
- Chopped green chilly (optional)
- Fresh Coriander leaves chopped
- Few drops of mustard oil
Mix all the ingredients well and serve.